The main Virginia Tech campus is located in Blacksburg, Va., about 40 miles southwest of Roanoke, Va. Use 965 Prices Fork Road or the intersection of University City Boulevard and Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg, VA 24060 as a destination for online routing and mapping software and GPS devices.
To check traffic conditions, construction, and potential delays or weather problems, see the Virginia 511 website, or call 511 on your phone.
To reach the campus from Interstate 81 (southbound and northbound):
- Take Exit 118 to reach the exit ramps for all three of the exits at this location. There is only one exit ramp serving the exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 or south to Exit 114 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West. This exit connects directly to the Christiansburg Bypass. Follow the signs for Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. The U.S. 460 bypass between Blacksburg and Christiansburg is a limited-access highway from I-81 to the campus entrance.
- To reach the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center, continue on U.S. 460 for 8.5 miles to the Prices Fork Road exit for "Downtown." Turn right at the first traffic light on Prices Fork Road.
- Take an immediate right into the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center.
- To reach downtown Blacksburg, continue on Price's Fork Road until it ends at the roundabout at North Main Street. Get in the right lane and bear right onto Main Street to reach downtown proper.
To reach the campus from Interstate 77 (northbound):
- Take exit 32 onto I-81 North. Continue for about 36 miles to Exit 118. There is only one exit ramp serving multiple exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West, then follow the directions above.
To reach the campus from Interstate 77/West Virginia Turnpike (southbound):
- In West Virginia, take Exit 9, "U.S. 460-Princeton/Pearisburg, VA." Turn left at the stoplight at the end of the ramp onto U.S. 460 East.
- Continue on U.S. 460 East for about 44.9 miles (11.6 in W.Va., 33.3 in Virginia). Take the Toms Creek Road exit. Turn left onto Toms Creek Road.
- Turn right onto University City Boulevard at the first traffic light. Continue on University City Boulevard for about 1.2 miles until reaching the Prices Fork intersection (third light on University City Boulevard). Go straight at the light.
- To reach downtown Blacksburg, turn left on Prices Fork Road. Follow it until it ends at the roundabout at North Main Street. Get in the right land and bear right onto Main Street to reach downtown proper.
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport in Roanoke, Va., is served by major domestic airlines.
- The Smart Way Bus offers regularly scheduled service between the airport and Squires Student Center in Blacksburg.
- Roanoke Airport Limousine Service provide transportation between the airport and campus.
- Private planes may land at the Virginia Tech/Montgomery Executive Airportadjacent to campus (telephone: (540) 231-4444).
The closest airport to Virginia Tech is the Roanoke Regional Airport (ROA) serviced by:
Delta Air Lines
ROA is located about 40 miles from Virginia Tech off I-81, 5202 Aviation Dr NW, Roanoke, VA. Rental cars and limo services are available at the airport. Travel time from the airport to Virginia Tech is approximately 36 minutes.
- The Smart Way Commuter Bus (Roanoke Airport ↔ Blacksburg, and Lynchburg AMTRAK station ↔ Blacksburg)
- Blacksburg Transit (within Blacksburg, and Blacksburg ↔ Christiansburg)
- Megabus (Christiansburg ↔ Washington DC)
***DO NOT RESERVE YOUR OWN ROOM***
The Inn at Virginia Tech offers 147 impeccably appointed rooms offer fabulous scenic views of the golf course or breathtaking views of the Allegheny Mountains. Each CUWiP Attendee will be staying in double bed suits right on campus. Shuttling services will transport CUWiP attendees to and from the Inn every morning and evening throughout the conference. If one needs special attention due to specific needs please contact the event staff.